No Chime and Black Screen at startup. Still works KIND OF

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook, Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 1GB ram, 120HD Leopard // Ipod Touch 2nd gen 8Gb
Well 1st things 1st.

Every so often my ibook gets a fuzzy screen and needs restarting, this is a common problem with the ibook G4. But this is not what has recently gone wrong,

I came to turn it on, the fan started up as usual but there was no chime and only a black screen (if you look hard enough you can see the apple in the background).

This has only started recently. I have no idea why it was started doing it.

However it does start up, im on it now actually and its fine.

So Help???

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.53 DC2, 09 Mini 2.0 DC2, 07 Mini 2.16 DC2, MB 2.0 DC2, iBook G3 900MHz, G4 Sawtooth 1.6Ghz
while it is on and running can you freely move the screen around, open and close it, etc... without any problems?

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook, Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 1GB ram, 120HD Leopard // Ipod Touch 2nd gen 8Gb
while it is on and running can you freely move the screen around, open and close it, etc... without any problems?

Yes. It works perfectly half the time, but then the screen freezes and goes all pixelated.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Anyone?

Help?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.