• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

I'm getting sucked in.

D

Desolate One

I bought my iBook beacuse I was down and out and wanted to buy a new toy. I've been in the market for a notebook since I fought w/ Dell customer suport to have them take their notebook back and return my money in Feb. Regardless, I was at a mates, played with his, bought mine the next day. Now I wish I had an iMac, G5 preferably.

I mean I've been having a grand ol' time making my way around Panther and I'm finding myself as proficient with it as I have been w/ my WIntel machines. And I'm at the point where I don't care if I can use Linux on these boxes, I just want to drop them out of my 2nd floor flat window.

So yah, I'm getting sucked in and I can see why Apple has a cult following. Never thought I'd be on this side of the fence, but here I am, and enjoying every minute. :eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
Like i said... One born every minute.

Have fun with your mac man! I'm use mine too but for work we're moving back to PC's and Linux more cost effective they said.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
start saving, youll get a imac g5 eventually, its only 1300$ here , with $30 mail in rebate new.

OP
D

Desolate One

hype.it said:
Like i said... One born every minute.

Yes, I saw your thread. Must really suck to be a bitter bloke as you. **** off ****.

Macman, Yah. Built one on Apple's store, came out a bit over 2k. No matter though, this country was built on credit. If I really feel up to it I'll just punch my 16 digits in and wait with great angst. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
Desolate One said:
Yes, I saw your thread. Must really suck to be a bitter bloke as you. **** off ****.

Macman, Yah. Built one on Apple's store, came out a bit over 2k. No matter though, this country was built on credit. If I really feel up to it I'll just punch my 16 digits in and wait with great angst. ;)
sounds like a plan, or you could go to wells fargo, open an account with $100, and take out a business loan. ;) ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
Desolate One said:

Naw.. You got the wrong end of the stick man. I'm not a bitter bloke... far from it. I just don't let the machines run my life. They are a tool, like a car or a push bike. They are there to make some things in life easier. But little bill gates seemed to miss that one when he developed windows.

The Mac's a great machines, I just dislike all this *OMG you did that to you mac crap* Call it Fanboyism if you wish, i really don't care.

I like my mac, so much so i gently rip it apart once in a while to remove dust and other alien things from deep inside the case. It's a great way to get to know what does what, so if it should stop working your not there in apple centre with your checkbook waiting for some grease techie to swap old for older parts. I hate things being dirty, annoys me more than having a messy room.

OP
D

Desolate One

Heh, would have applied for the loan but the business isn't taking off as I would have liked. Oh well, on to the next business venture!

OP
D

Desolate One

hype.it said:
Naw.. You got the wrong end of the stick man. I'm not a bitter bloke... far from it. I just don't let the machines run my life. They are a tool, like a car or a push bike. They are there to make some things in life easier. But little bill gates seemed to miss that one when he developed windows.

The Mac's a great machines, I just dislike all this *OMG you did that to you mac crap* Call it Fanboyism if you wish, i really don't care.

I like my mac, so much so i gently rip it apart once in a while to remove dust and other alien things from deep inside the case. It's a great way to get to know what does what, so if it should stop working your not there in apple centre with your checkbook waiting for some grease techie to swap old for older parts. I hate things being dirty, annoys me more than having a messy room.

Well then I misunderstood the whole "new keyboard" thread. I do apologise. However you did come off quite abrasive w/ the whole "n00b every minute" comment, in this thread as well as lijukingz's thread.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.