Iphone 3g...

Reaction score
Ok so I have everything else apple and mac apart from my mobile! The new one is released this week and looking at maybe switching, I have a n95 8gb at the moment what would tempt me to switch?

Anyone else thought the same or done the same??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
Why switch from an N95 to an iPhone 3G - the only reason should always be because you want to.

If it needs to be sold to you then perhaps you don't need it.

However if you have a few pounds trying to escape from the bank and are looking for a new toy (nothing wrong with that ;)) then the iPhone 3G will give you better battery life than the N95, far superior syncing with your Mac, the iPhone 3G has a vastly better web browser and mail client than the N95 (personal preference of course) and the iPhone has a bigger better screen/interface than the N95.

Oh and the iPhones iPod is not too shabby as well - in fact it's pretty good.

OP
S
Reaction score
There isn't a difference in the sound of a touch and the iphone ? Also just one other question are you able to send MMS with the 3g one or receive them??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not sure on differences or similarities between the iPhone & the iPod Touch as I've never seen/heard a Touch - not seen anyone with one of those yet.

I read somewhere that the iPhone 3g is supposed to have better speaker and mic than current iPhone - but not sure if that's true as yet.

Regards MMS; Currently iPhone can't send or receive MMS. There are a few rumours doing the rounds that this feature is in iPhone 2.0 - not seen anything official on that personally.

My sister sends MMS all the time and I get a text from o2 to say X has sent me an MMS and to go to a web address to view it. I can of course just click the link from my iPhone and go straight to the web page - so yes I can get MMS messages - but not quite as easy/quick as your n95 would.

There are plenty of topics out there on sending an MMS using the iPhones mail client. Looks a bit of a mess around at the minute and I've never really sent too many of this type of message so I've not had a reason to try it personally.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Classic with Sennheiser CX300 noise-isolating earphones - sounds better (more Bass I think) than the standard earphones that came with my iPhone (and recessed earphone socket on iPhone means that I can't test my better earphones with the iPhone).

BUT - my iPod does not play movies in widescreen - nor does it give me access to my email, youtube and does not work as a phone. Out of the iPod Classic and the iPhone - I'd happily go for the iPhone with less space than my iPod classic any-day.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
You can at least send pictures with iPhone if you want. Every cell phone has a corresponding email address. You can just send the picture to a person's cell with that email address. Just add it to their contact information, easy.

I'm not sure what else is included in MMS since I barely use simple text messaging, but Imagine companies will make apps to do what you want, that is, if Apple gives them the ok to distribute the app. (control freaks)

Reaction score
the 3g will not have the recessed headphone jack so u can plug any headphones right in.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.