Ipod touch & Ipod nano on one ITUNES

Reaction score
Just brought my mum an I pod nano for her birthday, now I was wondering as she wont have a clue what to do was going to just run it all from my macbook. The question I have is because I already have my ipod touch running from it am I able to set up a nano on it to, but I wont want to place all the songs that I have stored on my library for my touch on the nano?

If someone could explain and give me a step to step guide that would be great!!

DaZ

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, iphone 3G, & Classic ipod
You would be able to open up seperate itunes libraries by holding down the option button for a few seconds and than clicking on the itunes icon (shift for pc users.) This will allow you to create new libraries or switch between different libraries. I personally like to seperate libraries by using different user account, that way it eliminates any confusion. If storage is an issue than you would have to just change your ipod options by only allowing items that are checked to be synced. I store all of my music on a western digital exteranl hardrive by changing my itunes preferences so duplicatre files will not be a problem.
Best of luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.