Disk Utility disappeared!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Hello! I am a new member of this forum, I have a Macbook Pro 2.5 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM, Leopard version 10.5.4... I have had this laptop for around 3 months now, and one day, disk utility just up and disappeared, i searched for it through spotlight, I manually searched for it... but to no avail.
Then, I was updating to 10.5.3, and when I restarted, the icon for disk utility appeared, but not its original icon of the HD with the stethoscope, it was the applications icon, (paper with the applications icon) and it was around 3 MB.. So I took a disk utility application from my friend, but she has tiger, not leopard and tried it (knowing that I would fail), and it didn't work. So, I thought I'd look for an update for Leopard, and see if it updates this Disk Utility with it...no such luck, everytime I double click it, it unexpectedly quits...
So I'm lost, I don't know what to do... Has this problem occured with someone else? If it did, then what did you do?
Thank you in advance for your help,
Joanna

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
download pacifist

that app will let you see everything on your original restore disk and let you pick out disk utility can copy it off the dvd

OP
JoannaD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Thanks, I did that, but when I extracted disk utility, it said "could not open because it is not supported on this architecture" ... so what do i do? :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
can you start up from your restore disks and run disk utility from there

it should also be on that restore disk in Applications try running that copy

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.