Mac Remote Desktop?

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

First time user here and I had one quick question. I am looking for a remote desktop solution that will allow me to connect to my iMac, from a Windows computer.

It needs to have some sort of resolution scaling or something, because I have two 24" monitors set up and trying to use a typical VNC connection with resolutions that high tends to be unmanageable/very slow.

So, is there a remote desktop program that will let me connect to a mac, from a PC that:
1. Doesn't display the second display over remote desktop.
2. Changes the resolution (Or somehow scales the screen size to match the guest connection) while connected?

So basically I am looking for something like Remote Desktop that is built into Windows, but on the Mac side. (And NOT the free remote desktop client from Microsoft that only lets you do Mac to PC, I want the other way!)

Thanks a ton!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
If you have leopard, than it has VNC built in, so you just need a VNC client on your pc side and connnect to it from there. I don't have leopard and i dont use VNC so im not expert btw

Reaction score
You mentioned leopard had VNC built in , I cant see this in utilities, could you please guide me to where I can find this?

thanks

OP
E
Reaction score
I understand that it has a built in VNC client, however it doesn't have any features in terms of screen resizing, etc. Does anyone know of a program that does?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
As someone else suggested to me, you may want to simply try logmein.com.

I've been extremely happy with it and it has several options to either scale the screen, or even change the remote resolution. Give it a shot.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.