Book Recommendation

DaZ

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, iphone 3G, & Classic ipod
I am new to the world of dreamweaver and am looking for some book recommendations for beginners. Can anyone assist?
Your response is greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
I know you are using dreamweaver but I would start off with thw free Rapidweaver web program.

Why you ask? Well I have found that the tutorial for the Rapidwaever themes the nest introduction to CSS layout I have found so far. Once you have mastered the basics of CSS you are ready to get the most out of Dreamweaver when you start using it

Attached it the tutorial theme

The guide can be downloaded here

preview.weaverthemes.com/catalyst/pages/files_files/Tutorial.pdf

RapidWeaver can be downloaded from here

www.realmacsoftware.com/rapidweaver/

As for dreamweaver itself, the reference book by Peachpit press is good, and it is worth loggin on to the adobe exchange forums to get tips and useful add-ons to dreamweaver

View attachment Tutorial.rwtheme.zip

OP
DaZ

DaZ

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, iphone 3G, & Classic ipod
Thanks for the insight, I will download rapidweaver and start there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini
The missing manual book that kfordham281 suggested is pretty good, I saw that in Barnes and Noble one day... I glanced at it, seemed pretty direct...

Just stay away from the "...For Dummies" books, I don't know where they find the ppl that write those things. Some of their authors just get off on these tangents and they have terrible puns... It seems like I bought a Visual Basic 2005 EE For Dummies book, that book was a disgrace to all computer hobbyists, enthusiasts, and programmers...

Reaction score
I am gana agree with the missing manual book, they are produced by O'Reilly, the single largest most successful publisher in the industry ;) I would also suggest learning at least basic (x)html and css as they will get you at of jams faster then dreamweaver...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.