Use on Lap

Reaction score
Can the Macbook be used on the human lap for extended periods of time? For the MBP, I've heard you can't use it because it gets unbearably hot. This might be a problem if I'm in a waiting area or somewhere without desks and need to use the computer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR2 SDRAM, 250 GB HDD, Mac OS X 10.5.3 Leopard
Really depends on how extended. I have had my BlackBook on my lap for about 2-3 hours and haven't had any problems. It gets hot, but I think it's bearable. But that's just me.

Reaction score
Depends what you're doing and what you're wearing really - I've not had problems, but I'm sure you can work out what is too hot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro Quad Xeon; 15" Retina Macbook Pro; macbooks (family); Macbook pro 17"; intel & G4 iMacs.
You will notice that Apple have not referred to their portable computers as laptops for a while, they are notebooks!

Just spend a little cash on a notebook cooler, I got a really cheap one for about £12 with two fans that just fits the macbook pro 17". Keeps it very cool.

Reaction score
Mac on laps

I think macbooks on laps would be ok if they run cooler, I use my blackbook on my lap but before I do so I usually turn up the fan speed using and app called fan control.

Derek.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
I think macbooks on laps would be ok if they run cooler, I use my blackbook on my lap but before I do so I usually turn up the fan speed using and app called fan control.

Derek.

I do the same with my Blackbook except I use SMC fan control cools my Macbook by 15-20 degrees ,No need to buy a cooler.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.