Correct way to install classic and Tiger

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature
Right now I'm running tiger 10.4.11 on my clamshell ibook. If I were to copy the entire drive over with say super duper to a firewire drive, then delete the disk using the tiger install disk, then install os 9.2.1 with its install disk; would i then be able to copy the contents of the firewire drive back over from within os 9.2.1? would it still boot? Can os 9 use firewire to share my network connection?

Reaction score
You can definitely install System 9 on that machine, and it will live happily with Tiger. The only trouble will be using System 9 to copy Tiger back, that won't work. I would install System 9, then install a fresh copy of Tiger and use Migration Assistant to pull your backup over from the Firewire drive.

OP
Chimpur
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature
Oh ok that sounds easy enough. A little time consuming but easy lol! What about the sharing of internet between the os9 ibook and my macbook over fw400??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.