upgrading harddrive in my macbook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2.0ghz santa rosa
Mac Authority is going to switch out the HD in my macbbook for a larger one because I"m running out of space, they said they will transfer everything over to the new drive. Will I have to re-install all my apps?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
czarthp,

Ask them to make sure they're going to clone your drive. From what you say, it sounds like you'll be OK. If they don't clone it, then you'd have to re-install all your apps...

Just make sure.

Noel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0 1gbRam, 80GB HD OSX Leopard!
Is there anyway I can install programs from my old harddrive? I kept it and got an enclosure for it, but when I put in my new harddrive, I didn't clone it, I just installed a fresh OSx. So now I am wondering if I can load my old Word for mac onto the new harddrive, since I don't have the install discs anymore. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.4ghz C2D 4gb RAM,320gb WD Black 7.2k RPM. + iPhone 8Gb
well if u got your old drive as it was go in to your application folder on your old drive and just drag anything u want to your new application folder 9 times out of 10 the applications will just work like this might need a new key for it 2 run but most of the times its fine i have moved my copy of word from my first mac an ibook g4 over my last 5 macs with out any problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0 1gbRam, 80GB HD OSX Leopard!
proxy: so I just plug in my old drive as an external, and open the app folder and drag what I want? Just to be clear... That's all I did with my itunes music, so that's pretty friggin simple. Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.