Hooking up my MBP to my display

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 16g iPhone 3g, 30g iPod classic
Hey guys,

I have a MBP but I'm thinking about buying an Apple display and keyboard for my occasional desire to use a desktop rather than a laptop. Is it possible to just hook my laptop up to the display and use it that way with a keyboard and mouse? Or do I HAVE to buy a Mac Mini or Mac Pro.

Also, what's your experience with a Mac Mini? Are they pretty slow? I don't use my computer for anything more than browsing the internet, school, photos and music. Nothing too hard core. Do you recommend getting a Mac display, or should I purchase a non-apple display? I love the look of Apple displays, of course. But I want the best bang for the buck. Thanks!

Regards,
Bethany

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Just buy a display, you can turn your MBP into a sort of a desktop computer without a problem. Any display will work but the Cinema displays are designed for the prosumer market. If you have no intention to do anything at requires a degree of color accuracy, get any monitor and save yourself some $$. Depending on the monitor you buy, you might also need to buy a DVI to VGA adapter which can cost $15.

OP
BethanyLieb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 16g iPhone 3g, 30g iPod classic
Good deal, thanks! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.