MacBook's graphic abilities

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook--2.4ghz--4gb RAM--250gb HD__iPod Touch 8gb
I plan on buying a MacBook because of the increased graphics offered by apple. I have heard from many people the MacBook Pro is a lot more capable of handling graphics, but how is the MacBook, like is it a huge difference. I am very interested in graphic design and spend much time in graphic programs such as photoshop. Would the regular high-end MacBook handle these graphics well? I mean money is a big factor so i was looking at the MacBook high-end instead of MBP low-end. I currently have a HP Pavilion laptop so i assume that even the MacBook high-end will look a lot better than on my current laptop. Any advice/answers are greatly appreciated :D .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
Well the Macbook Pro has a dedicated graphics card and the macbook has an integrated one...
What kind of graphics work will you be doing?

OP
Bman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well like...logos, webpage design, no/very few animations. So what do you suggest?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
will you be using Photoshop or any other CS3 app??

OP
Bman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
no photoshop CS2

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
CS2 is going to be pretty slow on a MacBook or any new (Intel-based) Mac. Only CS3 and later products are optimized for the Intel models.

The MacBook Pro will not be significantly faster with the Adobe CS3 applications than the standard MacBook, because none of them involve any 3D graphics. Only 3D performance (eg. games) is affected by the MacBook Pro's graphics accellerator.

OP
Bman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks for all the advice but ive decided to go with the macbook because CS2 runs decent on my HP notebook...which has only 1.6hz and 385 MB of ram compared to the 2.4 ghz and 4gb of ram the new macbook will have...so it will fly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.