Battery Not Charging

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black iPod Video 30GB | Black macbook 2.2 gHz 1GB RAM 160 GB hard drive
I got a macbook about a month ago and now the battery is not charging up. I used it unplugged until it had 95% battery life. When I plugged it in, the charge did not go up at all and the charger has the green light on. If anyone knows whats going on, please help.

thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What makes you think the battery will not charge? The 95% indicator with the green light on is quite normal. Try discharging the battery down to where it sleeps the machine and then plug the machine into the AC mains and charge the battery. If it refuses to charge at that point, then there may a problem with the battery or charging circuit.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, 10.5.4, 2GB RAM, 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
I have the same issue sometimes. Mine will say 98% with a green light and won't charge it up till 100%. Doesn't happen all the time though. I haven't found a solution yet, but I figured I'd let ya know your not the only one.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I have the same issue sometimes. Mine will say 98% with a green light and won't charge it up till 100%. Doesn't happen all the time though. I haven't found a solution yet, but I figured I'd let ya know your not the only one.

Read my reply to the first post - It's normal. No need to find a solution because there's nothing wrong with your battery or the first poster's battery.

The old adage still rings true: If it ain't broke don't fix it! :Shouting:

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.