Firefox 3 no 'I'm feeling lucky'?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz Intel Core Duo 1GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Anyone know what happened to this feature? i keep getting my isp page, its irritating.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
What's 'I'm feeling luck?'?

You mean the thing on Google?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
brokenbricks,

I just checked my newly installed FF3 on my Macbook. If you look immediately below the entry window, there are two buttons. One says, "Google Search" and the other says, "I'm Feeling Lucky." It's in a different place, I had to look for it, too...

Noel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
brokenbricks,

I just checked my newly installed FF3 on my Macbook. If you look immediately below the entry window, there are two buttons. One says, "Google Search" and the other says, "I'm Feeling Lucky." It's in a different place, I had to look for it, too...

Noel
Do you mean on the google homepage... Its in the same place for me...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
Do you mean on the google homepage... Its in the same place for me...

Maybe so, just looked different to me. Maybe the new style button it's in with FF3...

EDIT: How about you, "brokenbricks." Have you found the "I'm Feeling Lucky" yet? Seems like everyone else has - I hope you have as well...

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry guys - should have been clearer about this. Previous behaviour in FF2 was that you could type in a word or phrase in the address bar and it would take you straight to the i'm feeling lucky page given by google.

this was quite useful if you were being lazy, and especially so for UK sites where the command+return thing (www.???.com) isn't as much use (as there are lots of '.co.uk's).

it only seems to work for some sites but not others.

e.g. typing in 'cambridge city council' now takes you to a google search, not straight to the council's site. However, typing in 'the verve' takes you straight to i'm feeling lucky (and in this case correct) site, theverve.tv but typing in something basic like 'italy' doesn't take you to a google search or an 'i'm feeling lucky' site, i just get my isp page.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
This is the normal behaviour for FF3, except for your Italy problem. That takes me to the Google search page.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i preferred the previous behaviour. why change it so that it gives such sporadic results?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.