Changing icon pictures

D

Danster

Does anybody know how to change the icon picture of the hard drive to a picture of an imac G5?
i have canybar but it has no pics of G5 on it so i would like to know where to find em

thanks. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
try one of these:http://interfacelift.com/icons-mac/search.php?keywords=hardware
once you download a set, select the hd on the desktop, hit command+i(get info), and do the same for the doc with the icon you want from that set, and then in the get info of the desired icon, select the icon in the upper left area of the get info window, then select Edit>copy, close that get info window, in the one for the hd, select the hd con in the same area, and then click Edit>Paste, close get info, and thats it. enjoy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
I use a cool program called Pixadex that can be found at www.iconfactory.com . Its not free but it gives you many more options than just changing individual icons.

OP
B

butcherson

I put new icon to Pixadex but how can I apply changes?I see new icons in My icons but no changes in my Mac :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
when you select an icon, it shows a preview in the bottom left area, simply drag the item that you want to have that icon onto that preview. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 MBP
score, I didn't even know about pixadex and I'd forgotten about interfaceLIFT.
Macman is that quote of yours from the song "Ask DNA" by chance?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yea, I have the whole series, the movie, the OST's, the art books, everything from cowboy bebop. :)
BTW, I love the boondocks. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
usually, one document or folder or item can have only one icon, however, if you want multiple folders or documents to have that icon, drag them all onto that same preview area, either one at a time, or all at the same time.
However, if you want to; say; change the default icon for every regular folder or every dvd or cd on your mac, you'd need Candybar, which is a great shareware app thats also available at iconfactory.com.

OP
B

butcherson

That is what i ment..i want to change all icon by "simple one click" not step by step, icon by icon..I used aqua icon set and it works.But I have a trouble with Pure icon set. It is for pixadex and I cannot export it to candybar

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
there is no need to export, containers like that can open straight in candy bar, select the container, either via the action wheel in any finder window, or by control+clicking, or by file> select open with and select candy bar.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 MBP
Macman said:
yea, I have the whole series, the movie, the OST's, the art books, everything from cowboy bebop. :)
BTW, I love the boondocks. ;)

I have the OST's and the Movie...alas the box set is a little rich for my budget (I'm trying to get a Mac, one must prioritize lol) :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
cool.
question: you don't have a mac, and are posting on a mac forum, which is ok, but asking about a mac only app? how far into the future are you planning on buying a mac?
on cowboy bebop, I also have the boxset. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 MBP
lol, yea I know it's nutty.
In all honesty I'm ate up with Apple. Hopefully we'll all see pics of me and my PB within the next couple of weeks. If not, I'm going to check myself into a clinic.
And as far as asking about the app(s). I've been keeping a running list of apps that I thought were pretty nifty in a notebook I have. Plus I learn about doing stuff that I never would have thought of. It'd be a lot easier to see a thread, go to the website and grab the app, but I'm doing what i can for the time being.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 17", 2g ram, 160 g, final cut express
if you get over a cool icon how can you get the orignal icon back as the default.

Reaction score
Icon Help

I followed the steps to change an icon, and all I get is a white file with snapshot /and what it is. It doesn't show the icon itself..any help?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.