• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

A line already for the 3G iphone at 5th Avenue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
I personally find it pathetic for people to camp out just one night for a product, but a week? Seems to me this guy is just trying to get attention for political reasons, though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
I personally find it pathetic for people to camp out just one night for a product, but a week? Seems to me this guy is just trying to get attention for political reasons, though.

nuff' said.

It seems like lots of people do things for political attention/reasons.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
They think one week will break the record? I bet there's Russians from the 60's and 70's still waiting in bread lines!! ;P

Seriously, it is kind of sad, and I hope Child Protective Services gets a look at this video of these hippies that seem to care more about some stupid cause or record than the welfare of their own child.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" 2.8ghz Macbook Pro, 32GB iPhone 4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
How do they shower or pee?

If I was the NY manager, I wouldn't let someone in there that smells so gross.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini
Half of these ppl camping out are probably on welfare, and there is your tax money guys! I am an Apple fan but this is just too much...

I think I would have something better to do with my time other than stand around for a product to come out. And take into consideration that this product will be available to everybody else in a week's time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Half of these ppl camping out are probably on welfare, and there is your tax money guys! I am an Apple fan but this is just too much...

I admit that these people probably aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer, but that's a harsh conclusion to jump to. Maybe they're trust fund brats who never learned about responsibility or making a serious contribution to society because their well-off parents didn't take the time to raise them right.

Or maybe just some weirdos who thought this would be a fun way to spend a week off from work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Well I don't see how doing that for a week could be even the slightest bit interesting. Maybe I'm missing something though.

Actually to me even getting one from a scalper (ie. inflated prices) from ebay and working the week, you'd have more money in hand from the week. And some free time to actually d something too.

This reminds me of the windows 98 line ups here in Australia back in the day. I think the record for that was something like 2 weeks waiting for it. Now that is crazy.

[edit]

Here's another detailed artice on the same subject.

http://apple20.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2008/07/05/who-would-wait-a-week-in-line-for-an-iphone-3g/

And here's a little addition to the article linked to in the original post.

According to a Fortune report on the group, five of the ten have already hit the road, and New York City cops sent the baby packing not long after we visited the scene. The remaining neo-hippies have also refined their confused political message as well, which manages to come off as somehow more inane than just wanting to break a world record.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook with Leopard! YAY!
Well I don't see how doing that for a week could be even the slightest bit interesting. Maybe I'm missing something though.

Actually to me even getting one from a scalper (ie. inflated prices) from ebay and working the week, you'd have more money in hand from the week. And some free time to actually d something too.

This reminds me of the windows 98 line ups here in Australia back in the day. I think the record for that was something like 2 weeks waiting for it. Now that is crazy.

[edit]

Here's another detailed artice on the same subject.

http://apple20.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2008/07/05/who-would-wait-a-week-in-line-for-an-iphone-3g/

And here's a little addition to the article linked to in the original post.

According to a Fortune report on the group, five of the ten have already hit the road, and New York City cops sent the baby packing not long after we visited the scene. The remaining neo-hippies have also refined their confused political message as well, which manages to come off as somehow more inane than just wanting to break a world record.

Apples...?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
They could have lots of vacation time to kill....

Reaction score
the funny thing is while he is online at the apple store I am sure there wont be any lines at ATT stores which will have the same phone on sale at the same time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There was a line at the AT&T store last year near me. Luckily, I have two AT&T stores and an Apple store all within a mile from my place.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini
Or maybe just some weirdos who thought this would be a fun way to spend a week off from work.

Fun? Wow...I never thought humanity would change its definition of fun to fit this.

Those ppl seem to have decent-paying jobs, I think a nice cruise out around Jamaica would be more fun...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP w/Intel Core 2 Duo w/Lion, MBA w/Lion, 80GB iPod Video, 32GB iPhone 4, Two 32GB iPads
I realize that the iPhone is an amazing gadget, and I do plan on buying a 2nd gen iPhone, but I definitely wouldn't spend an entire week outside the Apple store to get one.

"We are here in support of Apples!!" -- Kinda weirddddddddd.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.