Start up problems - help

Reaction score
Whenever I start or restart my new MBP it takes upwards of 10 minutes for it to completely boot up. Sometimes it will get stuck with the pinwheel spinning but nothing happening. Other times it will boot most of the way to where my HD icon is showing but the task bar won't respond.

It seems like the HD is not completely booting up. I ran the disk utility and it said that all was fine but it doesn't seem find.

Suggestions? I need it to boot faster - it is brand new but I also need it to perform without locking up. I'm not running any crazy programs or even multiple ones at the same time.

Please help

Reaction score
Hm....try repairing Disk Permissions (if you haven't already done that) and download a program like OnyX or MainMenu and clean the System Cache and Boot Cache.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Go to System Preferences>Accounts>Log In Items and make sure nothing is selected there at all, but specifically iTunes or such, will slow down boot times.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.