Best Printer for $100 Rebate

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I am going to be buying a macbook soon (my first mac) and am planning on buying a printer at the same time in order to get the $100 rebate. I was wondering what you all thought the best printer (I am going to be mostly using it for printing school work and paper - I guess having a scanner would be nice too but not really necessary) in the $100-150 range would be. Obviously if it was only $100 it would be nice since it would be free, but I'd be willing to pay up to another $50 if it was really worth it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
I was wondering what you all thought the best printer ... in the $100-150 range would be.

Brand - Canon
Type - MP (MultiPurpose) Pixma (a.k.a. All-In-One)
You say you don't really need the scanning and photocopying, but you won't regret having them if they're there.
http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ProductCatIndexAct&fcategoryid=178
(See second row of printers.)

I've used several brands of printers and Canon tops the lot for general purpose home use. Having said that, I use a Brother laser printer just for text printing - good quality.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.