Incase Hardshell?

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I am going to be purchasing a MB (my first mac!) by the end of this month and was originally planning on buying something like the Incase neoprene sleeve for it. I figured this would be a good way to protect it while placing it in my backpack for school. However, I have recently read some things about the Incase Hardshell and they have made me considering getting one of those instead of a sleeve. Anyone have any experience or thoughts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.53Ghz, 4GB ram, 500gb hd -- Apple TV 160gb -- MacMini 1.83ghz
I had the Incase hardshell for my MBP for almost one month and so far it's amazing. It makes the notebook thicker, but totally worth it for protection. I suggest you get the Incase hardshell and a Moshi palmguard to fully protect your MB!

Enjoy your new MB

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I agree. I bought an InCase hard shell at our local Apple store and absolutely love it. Fits like a custom made glove. :D

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21 Inch - 3.1 GHz I7 Quad Core - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD, iPod Nano, iPad Air - 16GB Wifi Only
I too am thinking about the InCase hard shell for a MacBookPro 15 inch. Two questions: I read in an on line description of this case that it has vents for cooling - but, do they work well enough? And, with the InCase hard shell case on a 15 inch MBP will it fit inside the InCase soft nylon case? (which I already bought so I might as well use it for transporting the MBP in my car on trips). Thx.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I too am thinking about the InCase hard shell for a MacBookPro 15 inch. Two questions: I read in an on line description of this case that it has vents for cooling - but, do they work well enough? And, with the InCase hard shell case on a 15 inch MBP will it fit inside the InCase soft nylon case? (which I already bought so I might as well use it for transporting the MBP in my car on trips). Thx.

My MBP's temps went up by 1-2C on idle with the InCase shell, nothing to worry about. Under heavy load, the temps are the same as before putting the InCase on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Black MacBook | 2.2GHz Core 2 Duo | 4GB RAM | 160GB HDD
I looked on the Apple website at some of the reviews for the 13" incase shell for macbook, and some said that it restricts the hinge of the macbook so that it can only be opened just past 90 degrees. Has anyone on this forum had experiences with this? Because although the case looks great, I'm not sure I would buy it if it stops the macbook screen from opening more than 90 degrees....

Opinions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I looked on the Apple website at some of the reviews for the 13" incase shell for macbook, and some said that it restricts the hinge of the macbook so that it can only be opened just past 90 degrees. Has anyone on this forum had experiences with this? Because although the case looks great, I'm not sure I would buy it if it stops the macbook screen from opening more than 90 degrees....

Opinions?

It does limit the opening angle of the notebook. Not a big deal for me, the angle is still perfect with the InCase shell on. However, some notebook users might be bothered. If you have an Apple Store near you, buy the InCase and see for yourself if the angle limitations will bother you. If it does, just return the product!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook l Ipod nano 4gb l ipod classic 80 gb
can you lock the computer with the case on?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
can you lock the computer with the case on?

Yes you can,Mine does just fine. Although I did not buy the incase=ripoff on price. my generic works great raised the temp of my Macbook a few degrees,So Installed SMC fan control which took care of the issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2011 15" 2.0Ghz (hi-res, Momentus XT). 32GB iPhone 4.
i use the incase sleeve for school when its in my backpack along with books.. i find it offers great protection.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook. 2.16Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo. 5G 30GB iPod.
i bought the black incase hardcover for my white macbook.
here's some +'s and -'s.

+ it fits amazingly so you won't have to worry about dirt getting inside of it like some generic cases.
+ it looks really sleek and stylish. i always get compliments on it.
+ it has this sort of "rubbery" texture which makes it a lot easier to grip imo.
+ easy to clean & if you're sort of a neat freak in trying to keep your mac clean like i am, you hardly ever see smudges or fingerprints.
+ it's semi translucent so the apple light shows through. i guess that could be something positive for some people. haha.
+ it still fits in my incase bag and/or my backpack; even with additional bulkiness. :]
+ it has little rubbery feet on the bottom so it sort of lifts up the computer.. allowing the bottom to cool more.

- makes it bulky and a bit heavier.
- it's really hard to take off. haha.
- white macbook + black hardcase = purplish looking color. kind of weird.

but, yeah.. i think it was a great deal & well worth the money. ;] hope that helps!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
I am thinking of buying this, too. I have two questions about it:

1. How far can you open the lid with the InCase shell?

2. How is the venting on it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook core 2 duo 2.1ghz 4gb memory and 8GB iPhone 3G
i have the black incase hardshell on my white macbook and i think it looks pretty sweet

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Do you have any pictures?

If you could do it again, would you buy the white/frost hardshell instead of the black?

no. sorry, don't have any pictures. :[ actually i really like it. i don't mind the purplish kind of color. & i think i'd be too conscious about keeping it clean if i got the white one.

i have the black incase hardshell on my white macbook and i think it looks pretty sweet

haha. +1.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
H
Reaction score
actually i really like it. i don't mind the purplish kind of color. & i think i'd be too conscious about keeping it clean if i got the white one.
imnothardcore said:

So you two don't think the purplish appearance of the black hardshell on the white is that bad?

I am going to be getting a white macbook and am trying to decide between the black and white hardshells. I was originally liking the idea of a black hardshell, but the comments about it looking purple threw me off.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So you two don't think the purplish appearance of the black hardshell on the white is that bad?

I am going to be getting a white macbook and am trying to decide between the black and white hardshells. I was originally liking the idea of a black hardshell, but the comments about it looking purple threw me off.

nope. not bad at all. it's really only noticeable in some light. at night time though it's completely black.

i actually found this article.. a review on it. maybe it'll help. ;] click

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook core 2 duo 2.1ghz 4gb memory and 8GB iPhone 3G
i agree with harrison im already all crazy about keeping my keyboard n stuff white, which actually is surprisingly simple. A white outside though, probably not so much.

not to mention when the LCD is on with the black cover the apple on the other side looks so sick.

stupid, lol, i know but i think it looks amazing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.