Best Power Supply/Surge Protector?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21 Inch - 3.1 GHz I7 Quad Core - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD, iPod Nano, iPad Air - 16GB Wifi Only
I recently jumped from a PC to a MacBookPro and a Time Capsule. I live in a coastal area of the US where in the summer we have lots of thunderstorms with lightning. I don't leave my MackBookPro plugged into the house electrical mains but the Time Capsule stays connected to both the electrical mains and via a cable modem my ISP. Can anyone recommend a good surge protector?

Do any of them really work well? I know a direct "hit" on my house will fry almost everything - I have experienced that twice over the years but for the electrical surges that affect large areas I am looking for some protection. Or - would you go through the aggravation of unplugging the Time Capsule several times a day when leaving the house? Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.