Two newbie quesitons - Messengers & webcam and iPhoto & .Mac Gallery

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
[Black] Macbook
Okay, I have discovered that on iChat I can use the webcam with other Mac users but it doesn't ever work for regular AIM users, is there any way to fix that or is that just how it is?

And for some strange reason my iPhoto seems to have deleted one of my albums and I can't find it anywhere yet it still shows up on my .Mac Gallery online... This was frustrating me earlier because I am no longer allowed to edit that album! Has anyone ever encountered a problem like this? Is there a way I can retrieve it since it still shows up online, that must mean it's SOMEwhere in there...

Thank you for the help =]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
For iChat, i think that's just the way it is. I have noticed that when you look next to your buddies buddy icon, there may be a green icon next to it. If it looks like a video camera, it's possible to video chat with them.

I haven't really tried to do that. And that's probably what you do anyways :p

Your other question, I will not be able to help you there. =/ sorruh!

OP
x5starsx
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
[Black] Macbook
I've tried, even if there is a video by it it says it doesn't work for one reason or another, even if things load up on their end. Sometimes it'll work out so that they can hear me but not see me or vice versa.. bah! I forgot to ask about Windows messenger, I don't suppose there's a way to cam on that? The only messenger it works with anyone on is Yahoo, and I can't seem to convince my friends to want to download it.. >=\

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook White 2.16GHz 2Gb OS X 10.5, 16Gb iPhone 3G Black
for iPhoto, have you checked in all the iphoto folders?
Pictures/iPhoto/Original or Modified? Check to see if its in one of the rolls?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
The only mac to pc video chat I know of is Skype unless others can come up with something else. Pretty sure iChat would play nice with PC video messenger clients.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.