plug in

Reaction score
Hello all,

I apologize if this might be placed in the wrong section. My question is about plugins. I am unable to play music files on Safari or Firefox on bbc.com (the news broadcast on a page such as this one). It asked me to get flip4mac, which I did after discovering it for free on some site, but it's still not working. It still says I need the flip4mac plugin. What should I do?

Best,
PG

OP
P
Reaction score
Ok, I seem to have solved my own problem! I needed to restart the browser.

Many thanks...to myself;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.53 DC2, 09 Mini 2.0 DC2, 07 Mini 2.16 DC2, MB 2.0 DC2, iBook G3 900MHz, G4 Sawtooth 1.6Ghz
well i went there and saw that the only available play format is windows player or real player but i tried it with the windows player option and it played fine.

i have flip4mac as well but i also have Perian which is highly recommended anyway and maybe that made the difference.

let me know

i replied to late :) you should get perian anyway if you dont have it will allow you to play just about anything in quicktime.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Moved to more suitable forum.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.