windows xp bootcamp cant connect to network

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHZ Macbook (black), OSX Leopard 10.5.5, 1GB Shuffle,4GB Nano,2GB nano 2nd generation
hello everyone,

i just installed windows xp on my new mac for the 5th? time. i cannot find the application which finds my home network. network connections says 1394 adaptor connected, but nothing else.
i am using windows xp service pack 1 but another windwos xp service pack 1 was installed successfully without any dramas on another mac in my house. :Shouting:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
SP1 isn't officially supported so it's going to be a bit 'hit and miss'. Sp1 also had little in the way of good wi-fi support if you intend on connecting that way.

Have you installed the drivers from the leopard disc? If you have then just connecting a network cable will be sufficient, no other configuration required. If you're going to use wi-fi you'll find a network icon in the system tray (bottom right)

OP
dr_doof
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHZ Macbook (black), OSX Leopard 10.5.5, 1GB Shuffle,4GB Nano,2GB nano 2nd generation
i cant find any form of network, including ethernet. when i put the leopard cd in, it says i require a newer windows installer...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
That's one of the problems with not having SP2. The version of windows you have is woefully out of date.

Best thing to do is boot back into OS X download the SP2 standalone installer.

Copy the file to your XP desktop folder from OS X (if you used FAT32) or copy it to a pen drive.

Reboot into XP. Install the SP2 update. Install the leopard drivers.

HTH
mrplow

OP
dr_doof
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
when i insert the leopard cd, it tells me it encountered problems, so it brings up the finish screen straight away. i have service pack 2, and now i cant boot into windows with botcamp. i have to use parallels software. :Shouting:

i cant boot it up becuase it says the driver ntfs.sys is corrupt or cannot be found, so i reinstalled the driver. then it comes up with a blue screen saying wndows was shut down to prevent damage...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You could go on trying to diagnose the issue (often ntfs.sys becomes corrupt if Parallels doesn't close down cleanly), but I'd be inclined to wipe the partition and start again.

Do you know anyone with or have access to a Windows machine you could use for an hour?

If so use the SP2 standalone installer and nlite

Use nlite, the SP2 installer and your retail xp disc to slipstream it all into a new disc - WinXP inc SP2.

Once you have that you can start again with the bootcamp instructions from the Apple site.

HTH
mrplow

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.