scanning with Macbook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
I recently bought a Canon Pixma Mp210 All in one printer. I connected it via USB and to my suprise i could print without having to install any drivers/software etc from canon.

I just wanted to ask how do i scan using the all in one printer? Do I need to install special drivers or something?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I have the MP510. You have to use the scanner software that came on the disc from Canon. There is probably a driver there too. Mine works fine when connected directly but you can't scan wirelessly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
I have a Canon Lide 40 scanner (read - cheap scanner) which remarkably works fine with my Mac. However I have to use a Photoshop plugin to get it to work, and this is only with PS CS1, not CS3. Therefore when I want to scan something with it I have to fire up Photoshop CS1 to "acquire" something from the scanner, then use CS3 to edit/save/print etc.

Also you might try a program called VueScan which works with Mac OS X.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.