so many questions...

M

minerva

1) when i try to trash something it says i do not have sufficient privledges to delete items. i am the administrator. ...???

2) i can burn music CDs but not data files i get error message -09. im in X with 9 running in background

3) i downloaded 10.1.1 upgrade and when it says SELECT DESTINATION my harddrive is grayed out

can any one help me out?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Well for the first one, I would goto the Disk utility and run Repair Permissions. That should help!

OP
M

minerva

10.1.1 installer

when i install 10.1.1 upgrade and it gets to the select a destination screen, my hard drive is grayed out.

any thoughts?

OP
M

minerva

emptying trash

when i go to empty trash it says i do not have "sufficient privlidges". isnt there a keyboard stroke to override that? the one i thought was correct isnt working. thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
well im shur you can go and get permission in the file. If that doesnt work just restart.

OP
M

minerva

Graphite said:
well im shur you can go and get permission in the file. If that doesnt work just restart.

the problem is there are 100s of files. these are my old roommates files on my machine, im the administrator so it shouldnt be a problem right? i thought there was some keyboard shortcut/stroke like OPTION when emptying that allowed you to override that.

ive tried restarting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Have you tried repairing permissions?

OP
G

goodolebwinches

minerva said:
where is disk utility? i dont see it in system prefs?

In your start-up screen(the one that has a blue apple at the top with "Finder" to its' right.
1. Go over to the right and click "GO".
2. Go down the menu and click "Applications".
3. In the menu that opens click on "Utilities".
4. In the menu that opens click on "Disk Utility".
5. In the menu that opens, your drive will be to the left. It will have a line with your hard drive size and another line with your your drive's name. Highlight your hard drive's name with a single click.
6. Go over to "First Aid" at the top and click.
7. Click "Verify Disk Permissions" and let it runs its' course.
8. Click "Repair Disk Permissions" if nessesary.

OP
M

minerva

goodolebwinches said:
In your start-up screen(the one that has a blue apple at the top with "Finder" to its' right.
1. Go over to the right and click "GO".
2. Go down the menu and click "Applications".
3. In the menu that opens click on "Utilities".
4. In the menu that opens click on "Disk Utility".
5. In the menu that opens, your drive will be to the left. It will have a line with your hard drive size and another line with your your drive's name. Highlight your hard drive's name with a single click.
6. Go over to "First Aid" at the top and click.
7. Click "Verify Disk Permissions" and let it runs its' course.
8. Click "Repair Disk Permissions" if nessesary.

Thank you for that...but when i go into FIRST AID there is STOP, REPAIR and VERIFY (no verify disk permissions) but they are all grayed out.

any thoughts?

OP
G

goodolebwinches

1. Once "First Aid" is selected, go over to the left and select your hard drive by the name you gave it.
2. I hope that the "Verify Disk Permissions" will become accessible now.
3. If not, let me know.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.