Very Strange Firefox Problem

Reaction score
Hi,

Whenever I access Myspace using Firefox the internet goes down for a couple minutes. When I use any other browser (Safari, Opera etc) I have no problems and when I log into my Dad's profile (on the same Mac) he doesn't have this problem either. Myspace isn't the only site that does this (it also goes off at seemingly random moments) but it's the most obvious. I find it very peculiar that it ONLY happens in my profile, especially as we all share the same copy of Firefox in the applications folder. I've tried uninstalling/reinistalling Firefox but the same problem. I've even tried scanning for viruses (!) but nothing came up.

Also, whenever I load Safari it takes about a minute to open whereas on my Dad's profile it's much quicker.

Any ideas about either of these problems because this is extremely annoying?

Many thanks for any advice. I guess this is just one more reason to get my own Macbook :Sleeping:

Reaction score
That is odd..I was going to suggest checking cookies/cache, but you have uninstalled and reinstalled that should have taken care of that.

Since its profile specific to your account only, there must be somewhere firefox stores profiles (just a guess). Something is corrupted. Why its causing the whole internet connection to drop is even more strange.

Would it be a major hassle to create a new profile for yourself? More of a work around than a solution.

That's all I got :(

OP
D
Reaction score
Hi, I've been trying to do that but I don't know how to move my iTunes folder onto another profile. It always says i don't have permission.

Any idea before I start a new thread?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Hi, I've been trying to do that but I don't know how to move my iTunes folder onto another profile. It always says i don't have permission.

Any idea before I start a new thread?

I would suggest the shared folder in Users as a location for iTunes

The following assumes you want to keep all your iTunes music and movies on a shared folder and ensure new music is always stored on that folder, and that you want to share the iTunes library among multiple Users of your mac

First, you need to consolidate your iTunes Library to a folder you have chosen as the shared point.

Select the command consolidate library from the Advanced Menu. This will copy all your itunes media to the folder and link the itunes library file to it

The files will now be copied while the library.xml file (the index as it were) will still be in the Users > Me > Music folder of your mac.

To get this file to be shared as well as well, copy it to Shared folder, start itunes with the alt key pressed and you will have the option to select the library file in shared

Select the library file you just copied and now both your music and the library in shared

Press the alt key in the other account to get iTunes to see the library file, now both accounts are using the same index. Make sure both Users itunes have the same location for the music folder set in their advances preferences.

Also make sure that all users have read and write privileges for that folder and the library.xml file

You can now delete any old unused Itunes folder off your mac

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.