• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Woot!!! Got a New Keyboard....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
Wow.... and Disassembled it.

Just look what a screwdriver and some time can do.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Erm... All that because there was moldy cookie crumbs inside....
G5 Next...

:D

attachment.php

DSC01193.jpg

DSC01195.jpg

DSC01196.jpg

DSC01199.jpg

DSC01205.jpg

DSC01206.jpg

Image-86B6C0C55A4611D8.jpg

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
omg u troll! get lost u loser! mACS RULE, GO BACK 2 WINBLOWZ U IDIOT

OP
hype.it
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
G5 all laid out...

*whoops* dropped a CPU

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
*Mac cult pops out of a bush to repair the keyboard and the G5*

OP
hype.it
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I fancy wall mounting the motherboard....

more space saving i think.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Cult Leader: WE WILL NOT LET YOU OPERATE THAT MACHINE UNLESS IT IS IN ITS SEXY APPLE CASE! HEIL JOBS!

OP
hype.it
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
XD!

Classic...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Without being fanboyish (before Abs starts attacking me :robot: ), but why did you dismantle your entire keyboard and your G5?!?
Just to take the pictures??

Nevertheless, the pics are great, always wanted to see every single part of a G5 PowerMac. :cool:

OP
hype.it
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Umm... well, i need something different for a wallpaper, so i thought i'd rip apart the most lovable thing in the house and take mug-shots of it crying out in pain as I unscrew every nut and bolt and shred to bits everything that wasn't moulded from the same material or that i wanted to make a whole load of macfanboys and girls cry because it's fun watching people cry as someone takes apart something that supposed to be perfect or it could be that I needed a case to house my dual amd opteron but it could be all three though, what did you think...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
I see... :spook:

Well, no reaction from the fanboys until now...quite strange...
The title of the thread doesn't sound alarming enough to make them appear, I guess.

Personnaly, I think it's your property, and you can do whatever you want with it. I was just curious of why you took it apart.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
Sweet. I can't do that. My computer is bought with hard-earned money.

OP
hype.it
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Avalon said:
I see... :spook:

Well, no reaction from the fanboys until now...quite strange...
The title of the thread doesn't sound alarming enough to make them appear, I guess.

Personnaly, I think it's your property, and you can do whatever you want with it. I was just curious of why you took it apart.

Does it matter that i ripped the guts out of a G5? It might be a dream machine for some people but it's not a dream machine for everyone... looks great on the wall though...

*powers it up and throughs darts at the logic board*

my coffee!!!
:eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
As I said, I was just curious to know why.
It's not a dreammachine to me either, it's just simply a computer, a tool. I never dream about machines or tools...
Nevertheless, I rarely put apart something that works, unless I want to upgrade parts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Personally I think it's a bit daft to take it all apart, but that's just me :)

If you ever decide to throw it off a tall building, let me know so I can be waiting to catch it, I could use a G5...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz Black 4GB;iPod Touch 8GB;iPod mini 4GB silver;Logitech MX1000;
cooooooooooooool!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
...does anyone else notice an odd shape on those processors...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Very nice pics! Now I won't have to take mine apart to see its internals! :alien:

OP
hype.it
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
shaun89 said:
Are the processors the G5 blocks?

Yep, the guts of a G5 Tower... init nice?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.