European Power Supply for External Drives?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, iPod Touch 2g 16GB
Hello. Hopefully this hasn't been asked already and if it has, please provide a link as I did a search.

Anyway, I recently moved to Europe and now need power for my four external hard drives (Western Digital 500g x 2, HP 250g, Rock 250g). I don't want to buy those huge converters for all my stuff and was thinking that I could simply purchase European power supplies for these drives. Looking around I can't seem to find them. Does anyone have any ideas on where to find them and/or methods for connecting many US devices? Hopefully it is something simple that I'm just overlooking due to jet-lag. Thanks a bunch.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz, 4GB memory, 160GB hard drive, Leopard, 20" Widescreen Samsung Display
Do you have the USA power supplies with you?

Normally these are rated for 100-250V so you should be able to use them with just a plug adaptor. What does it say on the power supply label?

Apologies if this is stating the obvious, but in the UK almost all power supplies are rated this way.

OP
Cappie
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Do you have the USA power supplies with you?

Normally these are rated for 100-250V so you should be able to use them with just a plug adaptor. What does it say on the power supply label?

Apologies if this is stating the obvious, but in the UK almost all power supplies are rated this way.

First off, there is no obvious for me right now as I'm only now emerging from the fog of jet-lag, which apparently lowers my IQ, lol.

Second, yes I still have the US power supplies. They say "Input 100-240v". I'm just very skittish about hooking them up as they contain footage for work and if I lose this footage I am scr*wed. By the way, I'm in Poland in case that has any relevance. Thanks for the info and I'll be watching this thread.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Poland uses 230/240v same as the UK. Most of europe is like that. You'll just need an adaptor US - > European 2 pin.

I don't have any experience in Poland but connecting it through a surge protector wouldn't hurt.

Might also be worth a trip to the manufacturers website to see if they have any international use info.

OP
Cappie
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Poland uses 230/240v same as the UK. Most of europe is like that. You'll just need an adaptor US - > European 2 pin.

I don't have any experience in Poland but connecting it through a surge protector wouldn't hurt.

Might also be worth a trip to the manufacturers website to see if they have any international use info.

I'll give it a try. As for the manu's websites, didn't find anything (I'll go look harder in a bit though).

On a side note, has anyone else dealt with this and if so can you share some ways to deal? I was thinking I could plug a US power strip into a converter and then just plug in my devices as is. hmmm.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.