Printer Drivers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
When I installed OS X I had an HP printer, so I selected only the HP drivers to save space. Now I replaced it with a Canon printer. How can I put the Canon drivers on?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
eliehass,

Just insert the Canon CD that came with the printer and it will open up with an install screen. Then follow the prompts.

If you don't have a CD, open Print & Fax Preferences and select Options & Supplies/Driver and scroll through until you find the right driver. That should do it...

Canon printers are great. I have an iP3000 and an iP4300 and they both do a super job. You'll love it...

Noel

OP
eliehass
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
Do you think I would also be able to input the OS X disc and install the canon drivers from there?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
I just put my printer on a network and added it in the "Printer and Fax" System Prefs. Didn't have to insert a single CD.

But if you wanted to put the Canon driver on your computer, insert the CD and go through the installation process.

And if you don't have a CD, just do what Noels said.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
or you could use Pacifist to open up the installer packages and hunt for that printer driver

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
or you could use Pacifist to open up the installer packages and hunt for that printer driver

The cool thing about the 10.5 install disc is you don't have to boot from it to install certain things, including the printer drivers. If you insert the dic and open it, you will find software that can be installed from the disc directly.

OP
eliehass
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The cool thing about the 10.5 install disc is you don't have to boot from it to install certain things, including the printer drivers. If you insert the dic and open it, you will find software that can be installed from the disc directly.

Ok, thats what I thought, just making sure. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24 inch 3.06 ghz
I have a new Canon Pixma MX7600. I downloaded and installed the Leopard Canon drivers, but it wasn't in there. I then downloaded the Mac driver from the Canon site, and it works fine, but there's no "tools". No way to tell ink levels, etc. I guess I have to wait for Canon to make this available?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
I have a new Canon Pixma MX7600. I downloaded and installed the Leopard Canon drivers, but it wasn't in there. I then downloaded the Mac driver from the Canon site, and it works fine, but there's no "tools". No way to tell ink levels, etc. I guess I have to wait for Canon to make this available?

That's what it sounds like.

I have a Canon iP3000 and it only tells me when I have to change ink, it doesn't show ink levels. My Canon iP4300 does show ink levels, but it also uses chips in the ink cartridges, so if you buy 3rd party ink, you lose the ink level indication. That was Canon's way to keep folks from buying 3rd party inks... Maybe your MX7600 doesn't use chips, so that could be the reason - lots of folk complained about the chips. Lose the chip, lose the levels...

If you don't have any indicator at all for ink, I'd call Canon and ask what's going on. They might have other drivers available for your printer..

Noel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24 inch 3.06 ghz
Okay thanks, I'll check with Canon on that.

That's what it sounds like.

I have a Canon iP3000 and it only tells me when I have to change ink, it doesn't show ink levels. My Canon iP4300 does show ink levels, but it also uses chips in the ink cartridges, so if you buy 3rd party ink, you lose the ink level indication. That was Canon's way to keep folks from buying 3rd party inks... Maybe your MX7600 doesn't use chips, so that could be the reason - lots of folk complained about the chips. Lose the chip, lose the levels...

If you don't have any indicator at all for ink, I'd call Canon and ask what's going on. They might have other drivers available for your printer..

Noel

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with a Brother MFC 215C? I'm a recent Mac convert and bought a macbook, running Leopard. I didn't realise that my printer drivers were already installed, and installed the drivers from the installation disk of the MFC. Now I find that my photos all print with horizontal lines through them. For an otherwise seemless transition to this new world, I just want to know if there's an easy way to restore the pre-installed driver settings on my macbook.

Any clues?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.