Safari to Firefox

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro with oodles of memory
And a good day to all,

I have placed several links in a folder; when I click on one it opens, but it opens in Safari. I would like all of the links to open in Foxfire. Any idea on how to do this?

Thanks for any input.

Al

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4gig,Mac OS X Maverick, Macbook Intel 2gig, iPhone 3G
go to safari, preferences, default browser, and check to
he one you want to use

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
While running 'Firefox', up in your menu:

Click Firefox --> Preferences

Click Advanced --> General

and check "Always check to see if firefox is the default browser on startup"

then click 'Check Now' - It should say if you want to make firefox the default browser --> click 'Yes"

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks but.....

Thanks to both of you. However I am still getting log into Safari instead of Foxfire. Any other ideas?
Al

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
In Finder, highlight the fie in question and Press Cmd+I to "Get Info." In the "Opens with" dropdown menu, change it to open in Firefox. Then press the button right below it that says "Change all" if you want all such files to open in Firefox.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Again, thanks but.....

OK, I followed your directions and when I clicked on choose what app. Foxfire is not suggested, so I click on show all apps and pick Foxfire. and change all. the page went blank and clicked on and off for about 4 minutes the the beach ball started to spin. After diner it was still spinning so I shut off the machine and tried it again - same thing. So I restarted the machine and reversed the change all to safari and I am right back where I started (whit only a few more gray hair).
Thanks for trying to help. If I try to change only one file to foxfire it still reacts the same way.
Any other suggestions?
Al

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
I believe this means the file format is a proproetary one that only Safari can open, like .webarchive. Your best bet is to redo the linking-ness from Firefox.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OOOOOOOOKKKKKKKK; how would I do the linking-ness in Foxfire? :)
Al

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Have you actually installed Firefox correctly? i.e. dragged the app into the application folder. Sorry to ask such a base question, don't be insulted, but if you're running it from the mounted drive, you might not be able to make it the default browser.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am not insulted at all. Yes, I looked in the app. folder and there it is. I went to preferences and it is set to be the default browser.
Al

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4gb mem 250gb HD; 160gb Ipod Classic
Or

you can enable the Develop menu in Safari, which you can now do in the Advanced section of Safari's Preferences panel. Then click on the Develop menu in Safari, choose User Agent, and select the latest version of Firefox for Mac from the list before you log in

Reaction score
I need some help. I have a Mac and was trying to play free games online on MSN. It told me I didn't have the minimum requirements. Can I change the User Agent? If so, how do I do that. Or should I just download Internet Explorer 6? I guess the Mac uses Foxfire? Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
I need some help. I have a Mac and was trying to play free games online on MSN. It told me I didn't have the minimum requirements. Can I change the User Agent? If so, how do I do that. Or should I just download Internet Explorer 6? I guess the Mac uses Foxfire? Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

The games are probably heavily coded in ActiveX. Try Firefox, otherwise you're stuck.

Wouldn't surprise me if Microsoft's games only work on Internet Explorer, whether you're on Windows, Linux or OS X.

Idiots.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.