Archiving problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
Has anyone have archiving problems when they switch RARs and Zips between the Mac and PC Bootcamp partitions? I have been having this problem more and more lately, and i can't figure out why. Like i download something onto Leopard, then i extract it, then make it a Zip with the Apple's built in Zip utility. But then i bring it over to the PC side to test it, and when i go to unarchive it, i get a CRC message, and it says it's corrupt. Another time, i downloaded something on the PC side, got it working there, then transferred it over to Mac to back it up. I had to uninstall it because it was taking up too much space, but then i tried to reinastall it again from the archive i made, and it says it went corrupt. What could be the problem here?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
The built in archiving tool has forever created problems while creating zips for Windows. So its best to use a third party tool to create a zip file. One such tool is iArchiver. It almost just about replaces the built in tool with a similar interface and is free.

I however prefer The Unarchiver.

OP
mknabster
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
Would Stuffit Deluxe work? And do you know of anyway to fix a corrupted RAR? I just found out one of mine is, and i am completely screwed if i can't figure it out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.