Spanning Sync or Busy Sync

Reaction score
Hi guys,

A year ago I tested Spanning Sync for syncing my iCal with Google calendar. It worked out very well and I subscribed for one year (25 USD). Now there is version 2 around the corner that will add contact sync support. I have tried the beta and that works very well too.

My subscription is to end soon and I am thinking about extending. That would be another 25 USD for a year or 65 USD for life long subscription. Meanwhile I encountered another product called Busy Sync. I does almost the same (except contact syncing). With a coupon a single license per computer is 20 USD aka 40 USD for both of my macs.

Does anybody have some experience with the tools and could share it?

PS: there is also gSync but I read about a lot of problems with duplicates.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Yep I currently use BusySync with my home office and it works really really well. On one computer I have several calendars:

Business, Family, Rick and Melissa

Rick is me, Melissa is my wife,... so basically our individual calendars. Both of us can manage every calendar from each of our computers and then the desktop also, it works really well.

If you have any questions that I might be able to answer about it, feel free to ask :) I've been using it for about 3 months now and am very pleased.

OP
tafkas
Reaction score
I have test Busy Sync for a couple of days and it seems very nice. Unfortunately the coupon code I had does not work anymore.

Does anybody has a working coupon for Busy Sync?

OP
tafkas
Reaction score
Since my Spanning Sync subscription is about to expire, they offered me a 40% discount on the renewal.

Instead of the normal $25 price for a one year renewal, I would pay just $15.

That makes decision even harder.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17"
im a little confused as i have never used either but i want the best, money is not an issue as its more about reliability and ease of use from what i gather busysync doesnt need a 3rd party server and so is better from that respect. if the budget wasnt an issue which would you use?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Being the cheap guy that I am, I found a free solution. I used Calgoo Connect which worked well. To use it though, you had to sign up for an account which I thought was weird. Anyhoo, it worked well.

$15 isn't bad though. Plus, you then get to pump money into this great economy!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
im a little confused as i have never used either but i want the best, money is not an issue as its more about reliability and ease of use from what i gather busysync doesnt need a 3rd party server and so is better from that respect. if the budget wasnt an issue which would you use?

I really like busysync period :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17"
looks like its busysync for me too then just wanted confirmation of what I thought. Thanks Guys

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.