xBench Results Low

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Penryn.
Hi, new poster here and I decided to get straight to my problem ;D

I took a xBench test to see how my MBP would fair. I only got 47.81 on my MBP. Specs under my name.

I think this is because of the low User Interface Test. Anyone know why I got so low of a score? Why did I get 11 on my user Interface test while other having a slower MBP got over 200 or even 300?

Thanks.

Picture 1.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I took a xBench test to see how my MBP would fair. ..... Anyone know why I got so low of a score?
Because xBench is horribly and horrendously unreliable. Same thing goes for other software like iStat and such.
Don't put any stock into what those tests and meters read.

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Penryn.
Because xBench is horribly and horrendously unreliable. Same thing goes for other software like iStat and such.
Don't put any stock into what those tests and meters read.

Fair enough.

Do you know what User Interface Test actually measures?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Fair enough.

Do you know what User Interface Test actually measures?
Judging from the varied responses I have seen on people's machines, I would say that it doesn't actually measure anything.

It seems more likely that the entire xBench app is nothing more than an extremely complex 'random number generator'.

:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.