Sharing iTunes Library PC and Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook White 2.16GHz 2Gb OS X 10.5, 16Gb iPhone 3G Black
Hi guys,

I've set up (or tried to) sharing between my mac and pc and am now in the stage of sorting out my itunes libraries... i've done all the settings in itunes to get this going, but on the pc when i click on my macs library (which is showing) it doesnt connect and says something about either a firewall at my macs end of an issue at the pc end.... but the library sharing works fine the other way around...i can happily access the pc's library on my mac.
i've turned on file sharing on my system preferences... is there anything im forgetting?
TIA!
Luke

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
Go to Sharing Preferences, File Sharing/Options and make sure SMB is checked. If that doesn't help, also check AFP and try that...

When you open your PC Networks, you may have to enter your Mac username and password to enable communications.

On your Security Preferences/Firewall, check to see if you have access to File Sharing SMB. If not, enable it.

Noel

OP
lukenn77
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook White 2.16GHz 2Gb OS X 10.5, 16Gb iPhone 3G Black
fantastic!! thank you Noel. In my firewall settings i had it set to only allow the essential incoming connections, and not all.
thanks again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
lukenn77, Great! Glad I could help you out... Noel

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.