Delivery Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 3.06GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8800GS 512MB
I just got the email that my 24" iMac has just been dispatched, the email gives me a 'Delivery Reference Number' but i dont know who the courier is so i dont know where to input it to track my order, anyone got any ideas???....Also, what is peoples experience with the delivery time, it says the estimated delivery date is 10/7/08, so when should i realistically expect it??

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Well, first off, what part of the world do you live in?

Mine was shipped via FedEx, it arrived at my doorstep within 48 hours of the shipment.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
oops soz, forgot to mention, im in the UK...

Reaction score
Mine was shipped by UPS in the UK, but it should say on the shipment status page.

Reaction score
On the apple uk store it says that the macbook ships within 24 hours, does that mean if I order 2nite I should get it on friday?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Ships within 24 hours means that it'll leave their warehouse in 24 hours, not that you'll get it in 24 hours.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 14gb ram 24" LED Cd & 23" Cd
relax. it will get there when it get's there;)

Reaction score
I found if you order it early enough it ships same day and then arrives the day after it ships, bearing in mind that nothing happens saturday-sunday.
Also, the delivery estimate they give changes to a more accurate date after it's been shipped.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
what does it mean when it says 'merge in transit' then?

Reaction score
It means it's at or on it's way to the delivery warehouse and will probably find itself in a van today or tomorrow.

Reaction score
Well I ordered my macbook last nite, 1:30 am, at the moment it says "Prepared for shipment" so they're packaging it yea?? if it ships today, is there any chance i can get it tomorrow? Do they do saturday or sunday deliveries? Who delivers it, royal mail, UPS etc?? Sorry for all the questions, jus anxious to recieve it! :D

Reaction score
does upgrades add to the shipping time?

i bought my imac today but added a 500gb HDD. Ships on the 8th! :Oops: and delivery for 11th. If i added apple care to the basket it would take until the 16th to get here! :[ :Oops:

I'm in the UK and i bought it through the education store.

Reaction score
hey guys

i got an e-mail from apple saying that my macbook has been shipped now, tracking information provided :D Ive looked it up on UPS and its currently in Tamworth, out for delivery tomorrow!! Yayeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Tomorrow cant come any sooner! Hows yours looking deathcab1/possum?

Reaction score
mines not even shipping until the 8th. estimated delivery - 11th

:[

i think its an educational store thing

Reaction score
i done that education thing aswell, all I had to do was enter what university i was going to and its location. Then I was taken to a page were everything was discounted, laptops, iMacs, accessories etc by as much as £50 and over, dunno why yours is taking so long, maybe because of the upgrades. :)

Reaction score
yeah, weird. i tried the same config just on the normal store and it said "ships within 24 hours" so its a bit strange. oh well i'll get it eventually i guess :[

Reaction score
Upgrades add to the shipping time because they have to build your computer rather than just pluck it off the shelf.

Reaction score
hey guys, ive jus got my macbook like 1 hour ago, only set it up like now! bloody ****, its flippin sexy!! A new OS to get my teeth into, lovely jubly!!!

Anyhoo im going to be on this thing all day, need to transfer my files over from my other laptop! gonna be soooo busy this weekend! :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.