• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

How can solve this problem?

Reaction score
How can I solve this problem?

I want to burn a music dvd with 150 music video's of .mpg and .avi files to a double sided 8.5mb dvd.
iDVD or Toast will only let me burn 98 files at a time and also does not let me adjust the level of music or normalise the volume so all tracks are at the same volume level.
Can anyone suggest a Mac OS X program or solution that allows me do this, without having to edit each file? Fluffs {;^)>

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
The more you put on a disk the more compression you would have to do and lousier the quality would be.

OP
F
Reaction score
There is no need for compression its 150 files but only 5.2 GB all up
and the double sided DVD is 8.5 GB so there enough room.

Its trying to find a burner to encode for home and car dvd player
or program like imovie (which will not except mpg)
or find some way of making it one file

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I've a feeling that 98 is the limit of chapters within the DVD standard. Happy to be corrected as I'm digging this up from a far and distant corner of my head. But That's the way I remember it.

I guess it's up to you which way to go but here's a few ideas:
1. combine some of the mpgs into larger files (ffmpegx lets you join videos together). Get the total number of files down <99 and try again.
2. Burn to 2 single layer DVDs
3. Try Visual Hub (it can take multiple files and create DVD images)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
There is no need for compression its 150 files but only 5.2 GB all up
Well look at that. A needed detail that you didn't put in the original post. :Not-Amused: Not that I think it is relevant.

This thread will answer you limit question I think. I'm not sure why you are seeing limit of 98 files instead of 99.

The thing is, if you are trying to create a DVD playable on say a regular DVD player for the TV, then the applications you are using are converting those files to MPEG2. The size of your source files probably are not relevant. Because of the conversion, the size is changing and the applications may have a fixed time limit for content like 2 hours, or perhaps 4 for a dual layer disc. I don't know the limits of the top of my head. You'll need to look into that. There are a lot of variables in this process.

I'm not sure DVD authoring apps do audio leveling. Look at the specs for DVD Studio Pro or the Adobe equivalent. I think you would have to export the audio and use an audio dedicated application.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.