I Dropped My iPod

Reaction score
Hello everyone, i've just joined the forum. the good news is that i've just bought my ipod a week ago and decided to join Mac Forums.
and the bad news is that since i bought ipod i've dropped it twice.:Oops:
first it fell from chair onto the tile floor, it landed straight on it's wi-fi antenna.
apart from little scratches here and there, there was no significant body damage to the ipod. but what i wanna know is that if anything can be damaged inside. after it fell, i check the ipod for it's functioning, it was working normally. i was worried sick. so can you guy help me out or suggest me something???:Confused: thnk u....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Hello everyone, i've just joined the forum. the good news is that i've just bought my ipod a week ago and decided to join Mac Forums.
and the bad news is that since i bought ipod i've dropped it twice.:Oops:
first it fell from chair onto the tile floor, it landed straight on it's wi-fi antenna.
apart from little scratches here and there, there was no significant body damage to the ipod. but what i wanna know is that if anything can be damaged inside. after it fell, i check the ipod for it's functioning, it was working normally. i was worried sick. so can you guy help me out or suggest me something???:Confused: thnk u....

If it is working correctly then I do not see why you are worried. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
There's not much you can do anyway. If it's broken it's broken and would need to be binned.

Luckily it doesn't seem to be!

OP
S
Reaction score
thanks, but when i play the videos, some vidz plays normally but when i play two particular videos, which encounters problem. see the problem is that it starts playing normally, but after a few seconds the audio shuts off and in a few seconds the video stops playing and ipod return to video selection menu. these videos plays well in the itunes library on my computer....
can anybody tell me why is it happening???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Could be videos that were converted wrong. It has happened to me before when using iSquint.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4AlumBook, 4g iphone, 64wifi iPad, Atv2, Ipod classic
I have experienced the same problems before I took the device to the Genius bar, and had someone examin it. It turned out to be some of the files were corrupt or just bad in certain areas when being transferred to the ipod.
So it is most likely to be the files you've transferred. According to the genius that dealt with me, the files are played differently on itunes when compared to the ipod touch!

hope this helps

LSE

Reaction score
help needed

dear all, I just bought an ipod touch and unfortunately dropped it on the floor.(it wasn't a hard hit, i swear!) Everything seemed to function normally except that it couldn't download stuff/update my apps despite a full internet signal. :( I am now wondering if the antenna part has been damaged. If so, would the company be able to fix it? would it be expensive then? (I didn't apply for warranty...which is stupid, i know)

Tks in advance. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.