How to put Macintosh HD on the dock?

Reaction score
Title says. How can I do this? Is it even possible? It would be more convinient if I could just go to the dock instead of minimizing my pages to get to my HD.

Thanks!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Why not just use the Finder on the dock?

OP
voltron
Reaction score
Hmmm.... thanks Eric. So I'll just change New Finder Windows Open: to Mac HD. I guess that'll work. :) Noob here. Still learning my way around.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Hmmm.... thanks Eric. So I'll just change New Finder Windows Open: to Mac HD. I guess that'll work. :) Noob here. Still learning my way around.
Here's the answer to your original question. Just found it out. Simply click and drag the HD icon on the desktop to the right side of the dock right near the Trash. The HD Icon will stay there and you can directly access your HD that way. :)

95663129th9.png

OP
voltron
Reaction score
Excellent, works great. Now I can use Finder for my Applications folder only and remove most icons on my dock that's not being used much.

Gracias!!! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.