Help!!! No idea what to do!

Reaction score
I recently had my machine hang up on me. I have a PPC Power Mac G5. It has been a great machine(other than the two power supplies it has chewed through-which apple replaced for FREE). When it hung up i thought nothing of it and held the power button to shut it down, and left it for the night. The next day when I went to start it it flashes the question mark once or twice and then begins to startup. But when it gets to the startup screen that says mac osx and has the blue bar, the bar goes much slower than normal and when it gets to the very end just stays there and nothing else happens. I have tried resetting the PRAM, as well as booting in safe mode. Every time it gets hung up on the blue startup bar. I finally tonight dug out the install CD's and attempted to startup with that, unfortunately when I try that I get hung up on a kernel panic!:'( I am all out of ideas and can't seem to find anything about something like this online. I appreciate any help! Thanks

P.S. I am running 10.4, with the most recent updates

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.