Screen pecularity

Reaction score
I've had my 2.5MHz MBP for almost two weeks. Have been happy with it for the most part. Just a few minutes ago when I started it up I noticed what looked like "dark spotlight beams" shooting from the bottom of the screen. There were maybe 8 beams. I shut down the MBP. Powered it up and those beams where gone. Any ideas what this was. Hope it was a hiccup.

OP
D
Reaction score
This happened again just now when I restarted my MBP. The black shadow-like beams appeared again. Had to restart the MBP a 4th time to clear it up. Usually one restart would do. Hope this isn't a sign it's going to get worse. Though, good thing I still have roughly 6 months to get it looked at. So I'll see how it goes the next few months.

As I asked. Has this happened to any of you?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I've read of it before, but no, it's never happened to me. I'd imagine it's a quirk of the LED backlighting.

OP
D
Reaction score
I've read of it before, but no, it's never happened to me. I'd imagine it's a quirk of the LED backlighting.

Hope it can be fixed. And not something I have to live with.

Good thing this hardly ever happens. Knock on wood. Just once every few weeks. Maybe longer. But as I said...I'll probably have this looked at anyway before my 1-year warranty is up. This way if I have a bad screen I can get it replaced for free.

And my touch pad sometimes "sticks" as I move the pointer to a link. It would move with my finger then stop. Then follow my finger strokes. Again, this doesn't always happen.

So, I just might be getting a new touch pad and screen. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.