These are javascript errors, right? - DW CS3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook white, 2.0 Intel Core 2 Duo Pro, 2 GB RAM, 13" screen
Hi all,

Anyone who wants point me in the right direction, I will appreciate it!

I'm trying to figure out what's up with a site I'm working on. It was made in DW CS3. I used the spry widget to make the drop down menu.

The problems that my client are having are below. He is running IE 7.0 on a PC. I can not replicate the errors on my PC, running IE 7.0 nor on my mac running IE for Mac (lol!). Everything works fine in FF on my mac and PC

1. For my client, none of the links work on the drop down menu on the "Participating Farms" menu item. I can get half of them to work. I used the spry widget to make the drop down menu. http://www.nectfarmersmarket.org/farms.html

2. On the locations page, the client is getting a "stack error at line: 0". From what I have found doing google searches, that is a recursive javascript error. The page is: http://www.nectfarmersmarket.org/locations.html This page originally had google code embedded for interactive maps. For the client, the embedded google code showed up only as blank space. But now he gets the stack error.

In an unrelated site, I was using the spry widgets to make a rollover effect and have yet to get them to work, either in preview or live on the server. Could my DW be messed up?

So, how to I find and fix these errors?

Thank you in advance for any ideas!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4
Sounds like you need to approach this from a different angle - ie. perhaps the problems encountered by your client are directly linked to the way his/her PC is configured (setup). I would access your site from a commercial internet cafe - if you don't get the errors your client is reporting, then sounds like the problem is with your client's setup... Have you tried running the cleanup XHTML commands (note, make a copy of your files before doing so, especially if you do not deselect the 'empty container tags' option).

In my experience, another term for 'web design' is 'problem solving' but is very satisfying nonetheless.

^o^

OP
rcronin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook white, 2.0 Intel Core 2 Duo Pro, 2 GB RAM, 13" screen
Sounds like you need to approach this from a different angle - ie. perhaps the problems encountered by your client are directly linked to the way his/her PC is configured (setup). I would access your site from a commercial internet cafe - if you don't get the errors your client is reporting, then sounds like the problem is with your client's setup... Have you tried running the cleanup XHTML commands (note, make a copy of your files before doing so, especially if you do not deselect the 'empty container tags' option).

In my experience, another term for 'web design' is 'problem solving' but is very satisfying nonetheless.

^o^

Thank you! I was suspicious of his PC/setup, but since I do get at least some of the errors he is getting on my PC, I think there's something wacky in the code. I will get right to your suggestion of the clean up XHTML. I should have already done that. I will post back when I have an update. I love problem solving my sites, too. I'm slow at it, but man is it good when I can fix something! And I always learn a lot in the process.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.