• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Any Chics in here???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G4 Sonnet 1.0 512 Ram 10.3.6
Just curious any female Mac users?? If so is it true that most females purchase Mac Lap Tops because of their looks?? This pretty hot chic that I work with seems to think so. She claims that if I buy an Power Book she'll go out with me. Personally I think she is psycho but just thought i'd put it out there....

C

code777

UH, HAHAHAHAHAHA. off topic (not a female) but I was at the local Super Barnes and Noble with my 12" iBook and I got so many stares from guys and girls alike. But get this, a real hottie girl came up to me and said, "Excuse me, what kind of apple is this? I think its the coolest looking laptop I have ever seen!" I started talking to her and she basically took over my iBook for the next 20 mins goin on how cute it is and cool Mac is, blah blah and how now she wants to get one to replace her HP laptop she uses for college. After all and said and done she put her AIM in my iChat. How would have known the iBook can pick up girls, hahahahhahaha.

M

MickMAC

My only question to her would be... which do you prefer?

12... 15... or............ the big 17incher :closed:

C

code777

DEAR LORD.... HAHAHAHAHA she actually said the 12" screen was perfect because I did tell her there is a 14" version for the iBook and she said, "No this is fine!" for a while there I thought she was gonna try to run off with my iBook!

D

Desolate One

The only "chic" I knew that had a Mac was an old ex GF. She had one of the original iMacs when they came out. I think she had the orange one, can't recall wot Apple called it. For her it wasn't a lifestyle kinna thing, it was just a computer. But code777 is correct w/ the mentality, she thought it was "cute".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
Im not a female, but I know several who have macs, a few have g5 imacs, g4 imacs, and DP g5s, none of them, well 1 has an ibook. as far as it being a chic magnet, I suppose I could see it, I cant carry around my g4 cube, but I get enough girls without having to resort to using a possesion as a way to meet girls.>_–

C

code777

Macman said:
...but I get enough girls without having to resort to using a possesion as a way to meet girls.>_–

hahahahahhaa, yeah but i never thought an iBook could attract attention. i guess its just not a common color and what about that glowing apple !?!?!???!!!! :spook:

OP
New2Macs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Where I work we have alot of different departments Engineering, grafics, tech support , and so on. We were out to lunch and saw another females using a Powerbook and this chic went off. That's all she talked about was that freakin notebook. Anyways I told her that I thought about getting one for myself since my kids are kinda taking over my G4. Basically she was like you can come over my house anytime and we can practice presentations or drawings for Tradeshows. Told her even though she already knows but sorry i'm married@!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
All the ladies at my uni love my laptop. Actually, theres not been one person yet who has disliked my laptop.

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
me, i think steve jobs is so cute ^_^;;

OP
New2Macs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nice !!! I like your little quote.

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
Strider said:
All the ladies at my uni love my laptop. Actually, theres not been one person yet who has disliked my laptop.

Well... they have to like something. Because they might dislike you, maybe cause you might be a huge fourty-two inch wide mother, and to make conversation that say something nice... like "i like your laptop" It saves offending you directly.

This is typical of females.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
There you go... Chicks in the thread.

attachment.php

attachment.php

*drops powerbook*

ayumi03.jpg

ayumi05.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
shaun89 said:
I think i just puked in my mouth

yup, i know what u mean :closed:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram
Yay, Ayumi Hamasaki! :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.