Application ideas/requests

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac G4, 1GHZ, 1.5GB Ram, 320GB, 320GB, 250GB HDs, Mac OS 10.4.11
Hello.

Me and a friend are starting a mac software company and we are currently looking for ideas on applications to write.

You know when your sitting around on your computer thinking "Gee I wish there was an app that did this.."

So please let me know of any ideas you might have.

Thanks, Elan.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
There is a pretty nifty application on Windows, that I've had a hard time finding a Mac equivalent for. It's called Poppeeper. It's not a typical email program, as you might expect. Instead, it's a very small application that sits in your system tray and checks webmail-based and POP accounts. I believe it uses a screen scraping technology similar to FreePOPs, but it can check just about any web-based mail account and delivers it in RTF or text based notifications. The later versions are even able to reply to messages. I'd love to see a Mac version of it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.4GHz 2GB RAM 320GB HD
How about giving the Windows only app Ares a go at porting. I know there's Poisoned, but it rarely worked, and when it did it didn't really do it for me.

A good looking GUI would be great...

I'd love to see it ported to mac, or even a new app from scratch.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.