Laptop Insurance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP unibody
Do any of you have a provider of laptop insurance you would recommend? I'm looking to try and protect my "baby" as much as possible!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Mine's covered on my contents insurance.

OP
IZVERG
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP unibody
Contents insurance? Care to explain please?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
If you have homeowner's insurance you can get a "policy rider" for things like computers. I'm not sure if you can do it with renter's insurance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
My macbook pro is not covered but my macbook is covered by my schools insurance which is cool. I don't know what provider they use though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Contents insurance? Care to explain please?

Well, you have home insurance, and you have contents insurance. Since we don't own our house, we haven't insured it, just all our stuff that's in it!

OP
IZVERG
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP unibody
Gotcha, we're renting our house at the moment and my fiance does have renter's insurance through USAA. I am just worried about all the possibilities of an accident outside of my home and ensuring my MBP would be covered.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gotcha, we're renting our house at the moment and my fiance does have renter's insurance through USAA. I am just worried about all the possibilities of an accident outside of my home and ensuring my MBP would be covered.

Well, we got the optional personal possessions cover, so all our stuff barring bicycles is covered outside of home too - and for accidents, etc. Worked out really cheap in the end.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
USAA offers riders for items like laptops, jewelry, and in my case camera equipment and tools ;)

Reaction score
Yep homeowners insurance works for me, and for when my LCD starts to go in 2 3/4 years I'm sending mine back to apple thanks to the 3 year protection plan I picked up. Heck its going back no matter what right before the 3 years is up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.