iPhone internet plans

Xer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Aluminum 24", MacBook White
Hey.

I wanted to know, since I'm going to purchase an iphone soon, is the internet connection from AT&T is included in the package monthly payment? or I need to pay-per-minute while I surf?

Thank you :Blushing:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.14ghz || 120GB || IPHONE 3G 8GB JBken 4GB RAM || <3
Internet is included in the Iphone DATA plan. ALL data transfer over EDGE/3G is covered in the iPhone DATA plan.

OP
X

Xer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Internet is included in the Iphone DATA plan. ALL data transfer over EDGE/3G is covered in the iPhone DATA plan.

So I need to add an extra $$ for a data plan as well?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
When activating the iPhone, you are required to add a data plan. Yes, it is included in the monthly package which starts @ $30.

OP
X

Xer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
When activating the iPhone, you are required to add a data plan. Yes, it is included in the monthly package which starts @ $30.

Wow, so $39.99 monthly voice package that includes data plan?
Sounds fair enough.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
No, that $39.99 is the base plan with voice, add about $30 on top of that for a total of $69.99. That doesn't include any text messages, so you would have to add between $5 to $20 for 200 to unlimited text messages.

OP
X

Xer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No, that $39.99 is the base plan with voice, add about $30 on top of that for a total of $69.99. That doesn't include any text messages, so you would have to add between $5 to $20 for 200 to unlimited text messages.

Oh wow, and I'm gonna HAVE to add a data plan?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Yep, it's required

OP
X

Xer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yep, it's required

Ohh gosh, so the least to pay per month is $69.99?? that's insane!

I saw a way to go pre-paid, is it more affordable? what's the price range for this?

OP
X

Xer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh there is another thing I forgot to ask.
Lets assume I purchased the iPhone with the $69.99 plan.

Am I able to connect the iPhone (via bluetooth / wire) to the macbook and and get it online using the iPhone's data plan?

Thanks =]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No iPhones cannot be used for tethering, or using it as a modem for your laptop

OP
X

Xer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No iPhones cannot be used for tethering, or using it as a modem for your laptop

Than the iphone really doesn't worth a penny.
It's just a shiny toy, not more than that, and that's really bad :(

I mean, $70 a month? that's insane, I can get a brand new Mac Pro for $70 a month!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Then get a Mac Pro.

$70 is not that bad since it is with a voice plan. It is totally up to you.

Also, yes it is a shiny toy, but any other phone you get with unlimited internet will cost the same. Except they wont look as sexy as an iphone.

Once again sacrifice something else and cough up $70/month. You really wont regret it....

.....I pay $120 just for my line and im only 16...

OP
X

Xer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Then get a Mac Pro.

$70 is not that bad since it is with a voice plan. It is totally up to you.

Also, yes it is a shiny toy, but any other phone you get with unlimited internet will cost the same. Except they wont look as sexy as an iphone.

Once again sacrifice something else and cough up $70/month. You really wont regret it....

.....I pay $120 just for my line and im only 16...

But I don't need the unlimited internet, that's the reason, I got WiFi in every hole I go to, that's not fair that I HAVE to purchase the data plan.
And since it won't tether with my laptop it's even more useless, I still don't understand why make a restriction like that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
But I don't need the unlimited internet, that's the reason, I got WiFi in every hole I go to, that's not fair that I HAVE to purchase the data plan.
And since it won't tether with my laptop it's even more useless, I still don't understand why make a restriction like that.
Sounds like the iPhone doesn't fit your needs. Time to move on with your life. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
I pay £35 a month for my old Samsung on O2 and will pay the same for my iPhone... which is about the same as the AT&T plan above. I think maybe you're just a little spoiled in the US with all the cheap gadgets that usually get released over there!

OP
X

Xer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I pay £35 a month for my old Samsung on O2 and will pay the same for my iPhone... which is about the same as the AT&T plan above. I think maybe you're just a little spoiled in the US with all the cheap gadgets that usually get released over there!

Spoiled? no, not really, I'm not american in my origin, I'm Israeli, so there's not way I'm spoiled ^^.

Secondly, the iPhone's plan is especially expensive for me only cuz I'm going to college in a bit and it gonna cost me around a lot of grands, so wasting money on such things is really hard for me.

So don't be blaming me for thinking the iphone is way overpriced for what it should =]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Just to clarify the iPhone can be used for tethering.It is slow on edge but it does work.I would imagine on 3G it will be much faster but no one knows yet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
True, but tethering isn't a standard feature. You have to hack your phone to do it and the user agreement expressly prohibits it. Since the iPhone can do a lot of downloading and run full websites, it'll be more difficult for AT&T to tell whether or not you're doing it, but if they suspect, they can limit your usage or cancel your account.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.