• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Good Inexpensive Sound Card used with Video for G5?

Reaction score
I have a G5 1.8 Dual Processor
4 gb memory ram (maxed out)
750 GB HD
80 GB HD

I am using Final Cut Pro 6 and I currently using the basic sound output that comes with the computer.

There is a little hum from the sound card and it sounds a little annoying. I'm thinking its probably a good idea to get a better sound card, nothing too fancy, but something that gives me good sound without all the fancy outputs. Also, something that works well with Final Cut pro and video applications. simply put, no wierd latency audio problems and a clean sound.

Anyone know of a good sound card for my computer that will work well for my use that isn't too expensive?

I look forward to your responses.... and I appreciate them.:Blushing:

Reaction score
Hi

If you have hum, then you probably just have a ground loop issue, which is normally pretty easy to solve. However, if you have decent monitors, the definately have a look at a better sound card.

I recommend one card to everyone who has this problem: we only need good audio out, not 10 ouput and 10 in with bells and whistles.

Have a look at the lexicon alpha. Its extremely affordable and sounds decent. It has balanced outs, which I assume you need. Cheaper units normally are unbalanced.
http://www.lexiconpro.com/ProductIndex.aspx?ProductID=7

I actually picked one up just for fun as I am a huge fan and user of lexicon pro products. I was so impressed that im now using it with one of my macbook pro's pretty much full time.

Hope this helped.

OP
P
Reaction score
thats exactly what I need...something with excellent reviews, no need for 10 out 10 in and not too expensive...I appreciate your post Henvan20

Thanks again...I will pick one up!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.