User Font problems

Reaction score
Can any one help me with my user fonts.
About two weeks ago i downloaded a load of fonts and put them in suitcase and Font book (i'm a novice at font management so i'm sure i will have lots of people shaking their head in dismay but anyway...)
Now when using any web browser it uses this horrid font for everything, which i can hardly read. This font also has appeared in Mail for new emails and Word.
Some how Arial has been replaced with this Font in my system. I've set up another user and that seems to be fine so it must be at user level not system.
I've tried to use Font Finagler to get rid of Font caches but that didn't help.
I've tried to use Time Machine to go back to a previous version of Suitcase and Font book. I've validated the heck out of the fonts and that didn't help
I'm stuck and getting hacked off i have to paste and copy stuff out of a browser so i can change the font to read it. Grrr!
Please help. I know it's all my fault :[

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook white, 2.0 Intel Core 2 Duo Pro, 2 GB RAM, 13" screen
I've done that too. :(

Try this for firefox at least:

Open Firefox>preferences>content. Look half way down for fonts and colors and change it to want you want. Then just "x" out of the window. See if that fixes it.

attachment.php

I'm not sure about the universal way to do it for all of your browsers, but at least you can use FF.

Don't despair. A wiser M-F user will come along real soon and tell you how to fix the whole thing!

I have downloaded LinoType Font Explorer (sorry, forgot the link the first time) and like it. Might give that a try. Don't know that it will fix your browser problem thought! :)

Picture 1.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Try Linotype Font Explorer. Deactivate all your fonts and then make sure all system fonts are activated and it should fix your problem.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Moved to better forum.

OP
S
Reaction score
i don't understand. Has my thread been put some where else Mr Moderator? Where?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
i don't understand. Has my thread been put some where else Mr Moderator? Where?

Yes, to the OS X - Operating System forun.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.