Hey... new to this place, already have a question

Reaction score
hey everyone! whats going on? New to Leopard and this forum, but im already having an issue haha.

So I have an iPod with a corrupted database and no backup. This is a problem for me because my only copies of my music files are on my iPod. Since iTunes cant read my database, it wont allow me to enable disc use.

So i guess I have a few questions

1.) Can I enable disc use or something on my iPod in terminal to allow it to show up as an external hard drive?

if not, can I use Tech Tools Pro to make a backup of my drive?

one more thing I should mention. My iPod HDD is pwned kinda bad. It wont allow me to make a disc image of it, and it freezes when I try to transfer hidden files directly to my Mac HDD.

any help ideas or suggestions would be rad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook white, 2.0 Intel Core 2 Duo Pro, 2 GB RAM, 13" screen
Hi there and welcome.

Try posting this is the ipod section of M-F. http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=83

A good way to get no responses here is to post a tech question in Anything Goes. There's just too much traffic here for someone to find it. Anything goes is more like the socializing section of M-F.

good luck with that ipod.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Moved to correct forum.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.