Photo Hosting Sites?

Reaction score
Here's my situation, Im looking for a photo hosting site that allows me to upload photo's to albums of some sort and password protect these albums. I've been using my own website for all my work previously but Im now wanting to upload personal pictures (we're having a baby) so relatives out of the area can see them, I would just really like it if they were somehow pasworded.

I would also really really like it if there was a mac compatable upload tool like what flickr or picasa has.

I want it to be something where family members don't have to join the site to get access. I suppose I could just go pay for a smugmug account but I'd really prefer something free.

Any advice? or am I just too greedy?

Thanks all!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Have you checked out photobucket?

OP
T
Reaction score
Yeah Im currently on photobucket as well. I'd just like a nice easy bulk upload tool that resides on my computer, not a web tool, that can pull pictures straight from iphoto. I love the one picasa has but you can't password protect galleries in picasa.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
Can't you limit who has access to photos on flickr?

OP
T
Reaction score
I got the impression with flickr that you could only limit it with other site members, I am trying to avoid using a site that requires the other "allowed" people to join, I want to just email a link and a password (I'll be sending these to relatives that are elderly and not computer savy at all, I want to make it as easy as possible)

I may have to just bite the bullet and buy a smugmug account.

OP
T
Reaction score
Found it!

I pretty much found what I was looking for at shutterfly, they allow unlimited uploads and have a gallery feature simmilar to smugmug where you can create a gallery web page and password protect access to that page, they also have an easy iphoto plugin.... and the service is free!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.