Printer problem

Reaction score
I hope I am posting this question in the right section.

I recently purchased an iMac and I wanted to scan some pictures to put them in iPhoto using my Canon Pixma MP600. The Mac recognizes the printer (I checked it on the "printer and fax" section under System Preferences) but it doesn't do anything regarding the scan picture. I mean it doesn't ask me what it wants me to do with it (regarding where I want the scan picture to go)

I downloaded all the drivers for the mac, I unplugged it/plugged several times using the 2.0 USB cable to no avail.
The printer did work (printed and scanned) when I used it with my "old" PC

Any help would be greatly appreciated it.

OP
A
Reaction score
it worked! (after a lot of re-starting procedures) Thank you so much!

If I could only trouble you for one last question not on printers but on applications:
I have iWork '08 installed (at least the trial version) and I am able to see Powerpoint presentations but I can't hear any music (I know some of them have music because I've listened to them on my PC)

Is there anything I could do to be able to hear as well see these presentations?

Thank you very much.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
NOTE: Moved to correct forum

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.